What could book coaching include?
Book coaching can include whatever you want it to include but here are some ideas that you may be interested in.
- Editing help and questions
- Working on style and voice
- Polish your submission package (query, synopsis, and/or first chapter)
- Edit your novel in an interactive way with a lot of back-and-forth communication
- Brainstorm a new novel idea to create an outline
- Identify your writing strengths
- Identify your writing weakness
- Manuscript critiquing or feedback
Monthly Retainer Option (most popular option)
- One 60-minute phone call to make your wants and needs clear
- A monthly review
- Feedback on your writing
- 2 hours of editing a month
- Unlimited email support with anything you may need
- A 60-minute phone call to bounce off ideas and ask for advice
- Equivalent hours requested of email correspondence (this is great because it gives you time to formulate your questions as well as minimise wasted chit-chat time)
- A summary of our discussion
Why choose book coaching?
Book coaching is a great way to remain focused on your writing, remain accountable, and have someone to talk to about each step of the way through your writing journey. Book coaching is a way to be able to focus solely on your needs.
You will have a clear idea of where you are headed with your novel. You will get clear on the goals for your book and where you need to be focussing.
I will guide you, give you honest feedback in the friendliest manner before you move on to the final editing process.
How are coaching hours calculated?
- reading and writing emails (hourly coaching option)
- reviewing your writing (manuscript, query letter, synopsis, outline, etc.)
How much can get done in one hour?
**Due to the high level of interest I am not able to accept all coaching clients. If you’re interested in book coaching please pop me an email with a sample of your writing as well as your needs. Thank you!**
All coaching sessions are to be paid upfront (so no surprise costs for you, yay!). I will also keep you updated in each email as to how much time has been used.
Hourly coaching as well as monthly coaching (except for the initial monthly call) is done via email. Calls waste your valuable time through chit-chat and collecting thoughts which would raise your costs.