Email me if you would like the new client guide or the terms & conditions sent to you.
Terms and Conditions
So that we both understand what work will be done during my editing process and what is involved in working together please read through the New Client Guide as well as the terms and conditions listed below.
- The Editor will provide the services agreed upon in writing.
- The work will be carried out unsupervised at a time and place decided on by the editor on the editors own equipment.
- The Editor will not subcontract out any work unless agreed upon with the client.
- The client is responsible for any extra costs occurred for the editing project (e.g. printing, postage, and packaging if required).
- If upon receipt of the manuscript the editor becomes aware that significantly more work is needed than assessed during the sample assessment, the editor may change the costs and/or deadline, or decline to complete the project.
Editing is Subjective: you may disagree with my edits however I am open to discuss all suggested edits and explain why I would choose to make the edit.
Editing Services are not a guarantee of landing a publishing deal.
I can’t wait to work with you!
Process & Payment
I accept payment via EFT or PayPal payments.
I charge per 1000 words/per hour for all editorial work and my rates are within South African, UK, and USA industry standards.
The client fee (based on word count) will be rounded up or down to the nearest 1000 words when invoiced (e.g. 65,798 words will be charged at 66,000 words).
The final invoice will be sent along with the completed project. Final payment is due immediately.
Before sending a quote for any editing project, I chat with clients send out a client questionnaire and evaluate several pages of a manuscript in order to select the best-suited editing service for your manuscript.
My process varies depending on the client. However, typically, I provide a sample edit of a few pages. The sample edit is free-of-charge to see if we will be a good editing match. Along with the sample edit, I will suggest editing services best suited to your project. Once agreed upon, I will send a contract to be signed by both the editor and client and then begin the agreed upon editing work.
A 5% retainer fee is charged and the remaining 50% of payment is due 24 hours before editing starts. The balance will be due on completion of the project.
In the unlikely event that the Client cancels the project, the following terms apply:
- No cancellation charges will be required if jobs are cancelled over two months in advance.
- Cancellation before start date: the editor reserves the right of 100% editing fees in the event of cancellation 30 days before the start date.
- Cancellation before start date: the editor reserves the right of 50% editing fees in the event of cancellation between 30-60 days before the start date.
- Cancellation after the start date: the editor reserves the right of 100% editing fees in the event of cancellation after the start date.
- If you experience any difficult situations which may affect your editing or delivery of your manuscript please contact me so that we can make a plan in advance.
- The content of your manuscript will be kept confidential unless otherwise specified in writing.
- Client’s files will be kept completely confidential unless otherwise specified in writing.
- The provided manuscript will remain the property of the writer.
- Any content created by the Editor during the editing process will become the property of the Client upon final payment.
The editor does not accept liability for any negative feedback relating to the content of the manuscript. Editing Services are not a guarantee of landing a publishing deal or the of the saleability or marketability of your completed manuscript.